The meeting was called to order by President Dave Campbell at 4:04pm.
The minutes from the February 2017 Meeting were approved with no corrections.
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer, Jenny Lumb is on New Mommy leave with no report…we have money :-).
APD/Officer Justin Wilson (828-450-3719, JWilson@Ashevillenc.gov):
- Car Thefts are on the rise – there have been 16 cars taken in AVL in the last 6 weeks
- N AVL is reporting shrubs/landscape thefts – Charlotte St/N. Liberty
- Homeless camp above Pink Dog has been irradicated – trash clean up is needed
- White Duck Taco was vandalized on 3/9
- 123 Lyman was robbed on 3/8
- Skate Park @ Foundation had a theft on 3/11
- Avl Waste Paper was broken into on 3/16
City of Asheville/Ashley Traynum-Carson (828-259-5506, ATraynum-carson@Ashevillenc.gov:
- Use this contact to report things like graffiti, neighborhood needs, street scape
- 3 events taking place on Earth Day w/ CoA on April 21st (flyers and posters were distributed)
- Tour de Fat Concert on May 20 will be “Third Eye Blind”. NBB is working with the Studio Stroll coordinator to cross promote. Parking will be at the Kmart on Patton Ave with shuttle busses that will run early to help concertgoers attend the Stroll. Battle of the Bands starts first –
4pm Gates open, 5pm Music Starts
• River Music 2017 will consist of 4 concerts and has been relocated to Salvage Station
Planning has begun for a wayfinding pole banner project that will encompass the entire District – to be coordinated in color with the Studio Guide Map, to include artwork from our District artists and to have a planned out, multi-level funding process.
RADTIP Update/Sara Henry & Stephanie Monson Dahl:
- June 13 is the new date for the Construction Contract to be brought before City Council for approval, meaning construction would start in June/July if approved.
- Riverfront Redevelopment group is open for input every 3rd Thursday at the Grant Center, 3-5pm
- Sasha from CoA gave dates for the Form Based Code discussions –
5/6 Suggested revisions will go to City Council
5/8 Park rezoning letters will go out to property owners
5/11 the plan will be brought before City Council for a vote
- Pattiy Torno asked for a motion to support the renaming of the Clingman Forrest Greenway to the Bacoate Branch Greenway – the motion was approved.